Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello. I've posted this question in the General Forum but I haven't received any responses as of yet. Have you used Catholic Charities for your adoption services? Thanks!
I'd like to know more about them, too. My husband and I are starting to save money for an infant adoption and we wanted to use this agency.
Advertisements
My husband and I are Catholic Charities adoptive parents!
We had an amazing experience and could not have asked for a better fit.
Feel free to contact me with any questions, I'm happy to share!
themesh31
My husband and I are Catholic Charities adoptive parents!
We had an amazing experience and could not have asked for a better fit.
Feel free to contact me with any questions, I'm happy to share!
I'm very curious to know about your experience! My husband and I are considering our local CC. If you don't mind me asking, were there hidden costs? We understand that they are a non-profit organization. Did you incur the birth mother's medical expenses, however?
Started classes in March 2011.
Home study done July and August 2011.
Case worker provided us incorrect information and home study was never completed.
CC waiting to approve home study due to lost paperwork that we submitted again in March 2012.
Now we are waiting....April 2012.
I know it's been a while but my husband and I are also considering Catholic Charities. Could you share more about your experience?
Advertisements
We used cc for our adoption. Other than going thru a few social workers due to them leaving for one reason or another...we had a great experience! Feel free to pm me with any specific questions!
No hidden fees!
Up front and professional in every way.
GREAT experience.
We are in FL and birth mother expenses are actually provided through the the sale of "Choose Life" tags. There is a separate fund for this cause. However, in the breakdown of fee's it is indicated that a portion goes toward birth mother expenses. We never gave any extra!
Good Luck
Advertisements
Hannah163
We used Catholic charities of iowa for our 2nd adoption 5 yrs ago...Very happy with program...if you have any questions please ask I will be happy to answer.
My wife and I were with Catholic Charities in Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. We were with them for over a year and they decided to shut down ALL of their foster care, CPS, and infant adoption services. Catholic Charities in Galveston-Houston claims that it is because of, "More unplanned pregnancy mothers are wanting to give birth and not give their children up for adoption.". So make sure you check with your Diocese/Archdiocese to see if they are going to continue doing adoptions.