Advertisements
Advertisements
Contact Senator Tim Johnson:
[url=http://johnson.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Contact]Contact - U.S. Senator Tim Johnson[/url]
Sample Letter:
Your Name
Your Address
Your Address
Your Phone Number
December 29, 2011
Your Congressman/Congresswoman/Senator
Address
Address
Address
Dear Congressman/Congresswoman/Senator _____________:
My name is (your name) and I reside at (your address) in (City & State). I am writing on behalf of friends, family and many others that are in the same position. Many couples are unable to have a child on their own so they are pursuing adoption and are being faced with the lengthy process and the overwhelming costs, in the range of $25-35k dollars.
On March 23, 2010 President Obama signed into law the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, within this Act contains a tax law that assists adopting families with some of these costs. We understand that this tax law will be changing for the 2012 tax year, the credit itself will still exist, but the refundable part of the credit be dropped. In 2013 the entire tax credit will be eliminated. Many families want to provide a child with everything they need and a loving home, but without this tax credit with the refundable aspect, many will be starting off their new families in debt.
I am writing you to ask for help in making the adoption process affordable by continuing the tax credit as written in the PPACA for 2011. A petition of individuals that are also in the same position and/or are willing to support them in this matter has been started, signatures are being obtained daily and can be found at [url=http://chn.ge/ns07q9]Economic Justice Petition: Make adoption costs fully refundable in the 2012 & 2013 Tax Years | Change.org[/url]. Please let me know if there are any other steps that could be done to help assist prospective parents their journey.
I appreciate your help and ask that you please send me a response letter letting me know if you are or are not able to provide any assistance in this matter. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,
Your Name