Advertisements
Advertisements
I am wondering if anyone has have previous experience, knowledge, or thoughts on weather or not it should be okay or know of the dangers for a foster child to be placed with a rich/wealthy single person/parent that lives in a multi-million dollar home, has expensive cars, high class "Hollywood Like" lifestyle, is in the mid 20's, well matured, responsible, financially set, caring, and has respectable motives to adopt a child if the child is a good match though fostering to adopt.
A little about the home, His house is an amazing custom built multi million guys/kids dream home. Featuring in home bowling alley, huge pool, awesome huge movie theater, ATV track around the property, mini ice skate rink, a mini skate park, outside basketball and tennis court, arcade room with XBox 360 gaming consoles, over half a million dollars in cars, even a batting cage on his 15 acres of land.
A little about him, He is sometimes a big kid who likes to play plays Call of Duty in his spare time, He has a masters degree in psychology, he does volunteer work with kids but mainly he is self employed living off of investments. He is quite young (25), and he does live the high life but he is responsible with his money in knowing the value of a dollar. He is great with kids and has always wanted to have kids and built his house knowing that he will someday have kids of his own.
But instead of getting married he abandoned that thought and is now looking into fostering to adopt a child which I think he would make a great father, he is great and responsible with kids, but I'm not sure if it is right for him to seek (Not to say that he can't) to foster a child in such an environment. He is a good guy but I feel like he will either get used by the child or he may psychologically damage the child if not adopted because he does have requirements that he is looking for and his life is close to the ideal dream life for many and he is that cool dad that many kids would love to have.
Also if you think its okay for him to go through with this do you believe that this is only appropriate if the child is in a specific age group given that there is at least a 10 year age difference
Advertisements
What type of requirements does he have? If he is a psychologist, how would a child use him?
Does he want a child or a buddy? Money has little to do with being a good and responsible parent.
Hoping2adoptsibs
What type of requirements does he have? If he is a psychologist, how would a child use him?
Does he want a child or a buddy? Money has little to do with being a good and responsible parent.
This. I don't think there is anything wrong with him looking to foster/adopt a child in his "environment". As long as he can provide a safe and loving home for a child that is placed with him, and understands the difficulties of children in foster care, then I see no reason for him not to pursue this. I don't think you're making a blanket statement that a child in care would try to take advantage of his financial success - sure it could happen, but I think it's unlikely. The best thing would be for this person to enroll in the required classes to become licensed and through that process, see if foster/adopt is really what he is looking for.
Hoping2adoptsibs
Not quite sure on his requirements but I do know he isn't set on a child with disabilities because he would like to travel and interact with his Future Son without limitations, and I believe he also wants a son where he can see his potential. (Even for me I'm not sure what he means but if you ever seen him mentor, he somehow really connects with kids that he is able to see their potential to the point where a father-son bond becomes transparent but never solidifies because he pulls back due to the fact that that isn't his son and it isn't his place to make that bond) And so I believe that is the type of son he is looking for.
He actually isn't really a psychologist, he just went though schooling to get a masters for the sake of having a masters and understanding kids and parenting more I guess.
He definitely wants a son and not just a buddy. But he wants a kid that wants him as a father because of him not because of what he has in material things; which is where i feel like a kid could use him.
And I believe that he would make a great dad not because of his money but the type of guy he is, but i just cant stop feeling like the way he's going about it may not be good for the kid/s that he doesn't adopt because of the difference in the type of environment he is able to offer compared to a normal family.
I agree with the PP and he should start with the orientation and potentially sign up for the classes to become more familiar with what children have gone through and the types of behaviors they can exhibit.
Mentoring children is fantastic, but foster children that live with you and might be adopted are a whole different ball of wax. Especially with doctor visits, therapy and other visit from agency workers. The paperwork is also really personal. A typical home study about the parent is around 15 pages and all about them. He should also know about that part. It's very personal as it should be.
Advertisements
If you should happen to know him, tell him to contact me at marius.tenvik.bergli@hotmail.com
I'm 16 years old and since he's 26/27 now, I'm inside the age limit. I live in Norway(moving won't be a problem), and a high end life would fit me perfectly, hope he will get back to me.
I am wondering if anyone has have previous experience, knowledge, or thoughts on weather or not it should be okay or know of the dangers for a foster child to be placed with a rich/wealthy single person/parent that lives in a multi-million dollar home, has expensive cars, high class "Hollywood Like" lifestyle, is in the mid 20's, well matured, responsible, financially set, caring, and has respectable motives to adopt a child if the child is a good match though fostering to adopt.
A little about the home, His house is an amazing custom built multi million guys/kids dream home. Featuring in home bowling alley, huge pool, awesome huge movie theater, ATV track around the property, mini ice skate rink, a mini skate park, outside basketball and tennis court, arcade room with XBox 360 gaming consoles, over half a million dollars in cars, even a batting cage on his 15 acres of land.
A little about him, He is sometimes a big kid who likes to play plays Call of Duty in his spare time, He has a masters degree in psychology, he does volunteer work with kids but mainly he is self employed living off of investments. He is quite young (25), and he does live the high life but he is responsible with his money in knowing the value of a dollar. He is great with kids and has always wanted to have kids and built his house knowing that he will someday have kids of his own.
But instead of getting married he abandoned that thought and is now looking into fostering to adopt a child which I think he would make a great father, he is great and responsible with kids, but I'm not sure if it is right for him to seek (Not to say that he can't) to foster a child in such an environment. He is a good guy but I feel like he will either get used by the child or he may psychologically damage the child if not adopted because he does have requirements that he is looking for and his life is close to the ideal dream life for many and he is that cool dad that many kids would love to have.
Also if you think its okay for him to go through with this do you believe that this is only appropriate if the child is in a specific age group given that there is at least a 10 year age difference
Hi, I'm Alexis I'm 17... and I don't know if you still want a kid or if you would even except me but you seem like you would be a really nice and well real dad. If you decide you want to talk to me about maybe making me your kid my email is nikipeer@gmail.com and I really truly hope you message me so I can have a real dad.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi I was going to way if I would be adopted in a few years. Will you adopt me?
Advertisements