Advertisements
Advertisements
I know what goes in it (dear birth parents letter, about us, etc) but I don't get what form it takes. A Shutterfly book? A handmade scrapbook bound together with clips? What size is it and about how many pages?
Heeeelllp!
Our profile book was a 22 page Shutterfly 8 x 11. The first page was a short intro letter and then there is text through out the book.
Advertisements
It varies a lot depending on the PAP and the agency (some agencies have very specific requirements, including length and number of pics). Mine was a bound scrap book, 12x12, 13 pages. The first was just a pic of me and my name (sort of a "cover page" inside the actual front cover), then a 1-page letter, then pictures with text throughout, and the last page was also all text (about 1/2 page). If you put all the text together it probably came out to about 2 typed pages. I had to have a few copies, so I took the pages to Staples, had them copied, laminated, and bound, and used those as the extra copies. I also made two originals - one for me to keep and one for C's parents to keep (they liked that; I also left extra blank pages in the back for them to use for the pics/ updates). I liked doing it by hand - it was fun and felt more personal to me. I think it really just depends on what feels most comfortable to you, as long as it fits in your agency's requirements.
I would also ask your agency about what form. Our agency told us that the majority of their expectant moms liked the shutterfly books over the handmade ones (they surveyed them at their post placement counseling meetings).
ruth74
It varies a lot depending on the PAP and the agency (some agencies have very specific requirements, including length and number of pics). Mine was a bound scrap book, 12x12, 13 pages. The first was just a pic of me and my name (sort of a "cover page" inside the actual front cover), then a 1-page letter, then pictures with text throughout, and the last page was also all text (about 1/2 page). If you put all the text together it probably came out to about 2 typed pages. I had to have a few copies, so I took the pages to Staples, had them copied, laminated, and bound, and used those as the extra copies. I also made two originals - one for me to keep and one for C's parents to keep (they liked that; I also left extra blank pages in the back for them to use for the pics/ updates). I liked doing it by hand - it was fun and felt more personal to me. I think it really just depends on what feels most comfortable to you, as long as it fits in your agency's requirements.
I had several different profile books that served different purposes.
- A two page document that simply had our "Dear Birthmother Letter" and some pictures sprinkled within
- A six page document that had our "DBML" text, but it was more like a scrapbook, with the text above the pictures that illustrated the letter.
- A 20 page book that opened with the "DBML" and then had lots of pictures.
I hope this helps!
:hippie:
Our agency does not allow "profiles". They require a one page "Dear Birthmom" letter with one photo of us. They are even specific on the color of the paper we print the letter on!!
They don't want "competing stationary". I agree with the thought process.
Although... since I am scrapbooker, I really wish I could make a scrapbook, I would rock it!! lol.
Advertisements