Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I agree with all of the PPs. Excellent advice. (I would add corn to the poping issues, and emphasise sleep and naps for you.)
I think though that you should also consider whether you really want these children to stay with you if this does go long-term with visits and family planning, and also possibly to termination. You should be honest with yourself about this. Now is the time since they don't know you and aren't bonded to you. If you truly can't handle it, maybe another family is the right family. Maybe that other family can keep in touch and you can do respite if they stay in care.
If after some sleep and soul-searching your heart says yes, you want to be there for them, then go forward and never look back. It is tiring, but if your heart is in, the rest of you will follow. We upgraded to a used caravan and love it. It's something to consider in the future if you decide to go for it.
Hugs to all of you. I hope these boys can go home safely and that the family works through its issues. All the best to you.