Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I am in a support group of foster parents that are in many different counties. The only time I have ever heard that they have multiple families competing is when the foster family that has the children decides not to adopt them. The courts and GALs do not like to move the children. Once you have the kids 6 months you have what they call legal standing in PA and you are supposed to be next in line after the birth family.
I do know however there have been some cases of dirty politics especially when the child is an infant where agencies have tried to get the child switched to a favorite foster family once the goal becomes adoption. In one case the way an agency got around this was to send the infant to for closing visits with birth family and then place the foster family with a child that was not allowed to be around younger children due to violence. Once the closing visits were over and the birth family had signed off the foster family didn't get the child back because they had a new placement that wasn't allowed around younger children.
Just to be sure I would ask your agency and the state CW to make sure they are in agreement.