Advertisements
Advertisements
DD will be 20 this weekend.... I don't feel a day over 20, I can't imagine having a child who is!
I haven't been in contact with DD recently. She wrote me quickly for the holidays, but it's been almost a year since I've had any real response from her. I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I know at her age it's common to be so passive. Surprisingly I've been able to come to terms with this, knowing that she's happy and busy and that's how it should be. I'll send her birthday card this week, and hope she'll update me on her life, and I know I'll be disappointed if she doesn't acknowledge it.
But there isn't a whole lot I can do. She needs to be equally as engaged in this relationship for it to work. For me to "confront" her and push the relationship would be worse. I think knowing this makes me able to focus elsewhere, on my raised daughter, on my husband and job. Part of being her mother, even if only by birth, means I need to be there unconditionally for her. If I have to be patient and wait until she's at a point where she can pursue a closer relationship, then that's what I have to do.
I'm surprisingly calm about this, either I've finally made peace with things as they are, or I'm one step away from a nervous breakdown lol. Either way, I have to keep reminding myself it's late March already, and that's something I haven't been able to do in over 20 years.
It's a good thing :)
I know I haven't been on much, but I miss my friends here! Hope you all are well :)
((((browneyes)))) It is weird to have a 20 year old isn't it? I had a similar reaction when M turned 20 last September. We are in a similar state of reunion. I hear from him sporadically. I send him a note every 4-6 weeks to say "Hi!" Sometimes he responds and sometimes he doesn't. I agree with you that I love him unconditionally and I will just sit here and wait for him to be ready to pursue a relationship with me. I just wanted you to know that you are not in this boat alone. I hope you here from her soon!
Advertisements