Advertisements
Advertisements
We are waiting for our final home inspection, the one where they actually look around the house. Trying to figure out how much I really need to do as Hubby is dragging his feet big-time on de-cluttering (which is driving me crazy).
Have built in fire detectors, got fire estinguishers, 2 fire ladders, bedroom is clear and ready for move in, Medicines are only kept in our bathroom, Gun locks/safes purchased. New bedroom furniture purchased (hubby picked out). New blackout bedroom curtains too, to keep light out.
Problem is main living areas - There's no place except the bedroom or floor for a kid to study. Hubby's office is in basement, and his books are piled up on the table we supposedly intended for a study area for children. He won't go through his mail, which is on the kitchen table. I've been getting rid of my stuff, but he's not. His reluctance is because he grew up poor and therefore has a hard time getting rid of stuff, plus he is a procrastinator by nature.
So, what can I get by with and what do I have to do to pass? I'm chaomping at the bit to get moving....
I remember being scared to death for that final home study!! We too had the smoke detectors and fire extinguishers, meds were put up and to be honest, the social worker barely glanced at that stuff! I consider my house to be the "lived in" look. We have two dogs and we did have some clutter. We had nothing for the baby except a room. I just made sure the house was clean. They really just wanted to make sure the house was not falling apart and that there was nothing harmful to the child. They really do not want to see a perfect house. Just relax and it will be fine!! :) Good luck
Advertisements
[url=http://www.equityinspection.com/hermosa-beach/home-inspection-hermosa-beach.php]Hermosa Beach Home Inspector Service[/url] is licensed and certified. You can get the complete idea about the overall condition of home. I have finalized a house near Hermosa Beach and want to get the good Home Inspector.