Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey there, we are new to Foster to adopt in Riverside county, or any County for that matter, and wanted to say hi!! We are on the "list" as of this week and we are so excited. We are interested in an infant girl, twins, siblings, open to race, and are very happy that we made it!!! I have so many mixed emotions right now, its crazy!! I carry my phone every where I go. :) Im sure you can all relate!! I have two boys, ages 6 and 8, and they cant wait to be big brothers. So is there an actual placement unit that calls regarding children?? I emailed my social worker but haven't heard back just yet. And for the record, I LOVE RIVERSIDE COUNTY!! Hope to hear some of your stories and get to know you!! God bless!!
Good Morning,
How exciting to start this process. We got our letter for the orientation meeting and just showed up. You have to sign in when you get there to show you attended. They will give you a packet that you need to fill out for both the county and the state, plus they go over lots of great information and will answer and questions you may have. I completed everything pretty fast because we were so excited, including our physicals and tb testing.
The only advice I can give you is just to prepare yourself for a long process. If you go into it without any expectations of time you will do yourself a favor. We thought for sure we would be placed by Christmas, and we are not placed yet. We feel it will happen soon and have been making sure we are in weekly contact with our social worker. Also, once you are approved, showing your face to trainings and events is important to not only get to know the county workers but also to show support. We went to a heart gallery event a couple weeks ago and had a chance to really get to know the "matchers" and them us.
Lets stay in touch, and if you have any questions along the way I would be more than happy to see if I can answer them. Have a great day.
Advertisements
We are doing foster to adopt but technically only got the official letter stating we were in "matching" last week so I am trying to be patient and truly believe we will be placed in the near future. We already had a full nursery decorated, car seat stroller combos, a full wardrobe for newborn up, they probably thought we were crazy. ha
The process being as long as it is gives you time to prepare, sometimes over prepare in my case. I buy one car seat stroller combo and then find another that I love more. Ridiculous cause now I have four!! :) They say our county is one of the counties who have the most kids, I go back and forth with foster care because that is a huge need too I hear.
Hello Ladies! I live in San Bernardino County and we adopted our DS from foster care in 2010 through LA County (Children's Bureau) Good luck to both of you and I pray your child(ren) come to you soon. You are in for a very exciting time of life!!!!!
We signed up through the Children's Bureau which is a fost/adopt agency. From start to finish, our process took about 10 months and it would have been faster if we hadn't taken a time out on the classes.
I'll PM you some info.