Advertisements
Advertisements
Are any of you planning on seeing this film this opening weekend? Hubby and I are trying to make plans for a sitter so that we can go watch it. If you do see it, come back here and tell us what you think.
Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard of the movie but it sounds interesting. Ironically I was an October baby and I'm an adoptee, not an abortion survivor though since i was born before Roe vs. Wade. I have often wondered if my birth mother, given the choice would have considered having an abortion. I wouldn't have hated her for that....I think this movie sounds like it teaches about forgiveness which is important for moving on with your life. I think I will go see it on Sunday and will come back and let everyone know my thoughts.
Advertisements
I saw the previews about abortion survivors? I'd rather see the hunger games. Sounds like a movie I would want to watch in the privacy of my own home. A real trigger.
I saw this movie today. It definitely made me cry since I can relate as an adoptee. Without giving too much away, I think what a lot of adoptees seek when they search is an acknowledgement that we do indeed exist as part of this other person. I don't have personal expererience with this yet, but I think when birth parents don't acknowledge the adoptee or ignore them or pretend we don't exist, it compounds our pain and makes us feel less human. Part of our closure I believe is being acknowledged that we started out as a part of our original family.
Overall, I think the movie itself could have been done better, some of the acting was very good but some was lackluster. Also, there wasn't much to the search, that part was unrealistic. The basic plot and story was good. Worth seeing for that. I won't tell the ending but it was wrapped up well especially the part with the birth mother.