Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
When FS, 2 yo, had these at first, we weren't sure what was going on. It didn't happen often, but several times. He wouldn't open his eyes, screamed louder if we rocked him, screamed louder if we put him down, etc. We tried a cold, wet rag on his face, but that didn't work. Tried laying down with him, but that didn't work. We tried several other things, all of which didn't work.
Then one night out of frustration I figured I would offer him the one thing that he never refuses ... food. As soon as I said, "do you want some food?" the crying stopped and he opened his eyes. It was like a switch. We gave him a little piece and off to bed he went, with no other issues that night.
So that was the tactic we used from then on. It gets him out of that cycle, calms him, and he sleeps great the rest of the night. It isn't a lot, usually a small piece of something, just enough to chew. A few sips of juice would also work. He wasn't potty trained at this point, still isn't, so we skipped the bathroom thing.