Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
My AS had NT's. It can be really bad. An article in a magazine saved our lives! My son had them for 6 yrs. We never knew what to do. Turned out for us that a simple, easy and FAST method was in that article.
You have to break the cycle of terrors. We sat outside his bedroom door after he went to sleep (his happen like clock work) as soon as he started to stir we woke him up. Got him up to go potty, have a drink or both.
He had to really be awake though, thats why we had him get up and talk and go potty.
Once the cycle was broken the NT's stopped. I cant explain it, I just know for us (and I'm guessing others since it was published) it worked!
It said it could take a couple of weeks to break that cycle but for my son it was a few days.
We were up almost all night on those days because he had multiple each night but OMG after not sleeping through for 6 yrs when it was over the sleep was heavenly because there was NO WAY you could sleep through his NT's!
ETA: My son was not awake in his NT's. He was very much unaware and unresponsive to anything we did once he was in one. It had to run it's course.