Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
@jjk3boys:
We were approved by the CDA in 2011 after waiting over a year to hear from them. They sent a letter stating that it would be many years before we received a referral and that it would only be for a child 8 years old or older. Apparently some Canadians are able to adopt infants from Jamaica, but it is EXTREMELY rare for Americans to adopt from Jamaica at all.
There are no adoption agencies that operate in Jamaica, it is all done through the CDA. There are no U.S. based agencies that will help you adopt from Jamaica. The last statistics from the State Dept show less than 10 adoptions between the U.S. and Jamaica in the last few years.
I am sorry to disappoint you. We really thought that Jamaica was going to be where we would adopt our child from, until we came into contact with 3 other individuals who tried and failed to adopt from Jamaica. As far as I can tell it is a long shot. The one and only person that I know that was successful waited nearly 7 years and that was a relative adoption.