Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi there - I've sent these questions to a couple of members via private messages but received no response, but perhaps you can help? I have been self-educating myself on Jamaican adoption for some time now. I have been in contact with the CDA and received helpful information from them. I worked for USCIS from 2007-2011 and am well aware of their requirements also. I'm hoping to learn more about the 'numbers' of Jamaican adoption license process - one being overall cost, and one being length of time required in the country. I wish cost wasn't a factor, but with the tax credit expiring in 2013, it is.
From what I was told by the CDA, Jamaica does not have an adoption fee. So, I am trying to come up with an estimate of the additional costs after the home study, travel, and paperwork processing. I would rather not work with a US agency due to the cost factor as well. Do you have an idea of what we could expect to pay for this process? Knowing in advance would be helpful so that we can save accordingly.
Due to our jobs and inelligibility for short-term disability while out on leave after the adoption, I am concerned about the time required incountry for the adoptive parents (not to mention we have four dogs, one of which is special needs and difficult to leave in someone elses care). The four+ months totally rules out the adoption order process for us. From what I have read, the adoption license process involves two trips to Jamaica - do you have an idea of how long each trip takes?