Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Crimson, I don't believe you have BPD. Frankly, I don't believe any adoptee does but that's just my opinion. I'm afraid (and research is starting to show) that adoptees may very well be the most misdiagnosed and overmedicated group on the planet. Sadly, medication doesn't heal a thing but just masks feelings.
It is my experience that adoptees (and first mothers) suffer from post traumatic stress. This manifests into many things, like depression, and routinely get misdiagnosed as BPD, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, bi-polar, histrionic, etc. In the UK it was recently noted that over 90% of adoptees were diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. Again, a misdiagnoses. I refuse to attach the term 'disorder' to post traumatic stress because it is actually a very natural reaction to a horribly unnatural situation. I think this quote is very true "The horrors of war pale in comparison to the loss of a mother".
I hope you have a chance to check out this website - the info in the videos is quite good (even though they are just read from a page)
[URL="http://www.adoptionhealing.com/"]Adoption Healing[/URL]