Advertisements
Advertisements
I filled out my application and certified mail it to our local DHR and have not heard a word back in almost two weeks. I wanted all last week before calling but I have called once everyday this week and left polite voice-mails just stating we wanted to make sure the application was received and had a few questions about the process but the person has not contacted us in anyway whether by mail or by phone.. should I be concerned?
I am not trying to be impatient but when we started the process in Missouri before my husband deployed we were contacted by phone and mail immediately to start the classes and how to prepare our home for the home-studies but I realize different state different DHR but I really thought it would be basically the same. We were unable to even take the classes in MO due to husband deployment so we really haven't ever gotten pass the application faze in either state.
We are really excited to be adopting and were looking to adopt older child or children between 7-14. I was an adopted baby and my husband was raised by a family friend during his teenage years so we both feel deeply that no child should ever feel unwanted or not worthy so we were drawn to adoption for that reason. We have to bio-kids who also are very excited too. :woohoo: So any info would be so appreciated..
Different DHR offices do things differently i guess. Alabama DHR is not well funded so that may have somethign to do with it. I am trying to adopt through DHR also and I have gotten the run around a few times but I have always been contacted back eventually. I would try emailing them. A lot of times they will respond to that faster. If you cant get them to answer you then I would go over to the office and speak with someone in charge. Here is my blog on our process so far. [url=http://hestersadoptionjourney.blogspot.com/]Our Adoption Journey[/url]
Advertisements
It also depends on what county in Alabama. My county has a very small, very understaffed DHR. Everything takes forever.