Advertisements
Advertisements
Looking for form (s) to get started. I have been taking care of my granddaughter since 1 week old. At 5, I was granted permanent custody by AZ superior court apache county. She is now 10 and I want to adopt. I don't have much money so I want to download any forms I need and do the process myself without an attorney.
Advertisements
azwildcat4
Looking for form (s) to get started. I have been taking care of my granddaughter since 1 week old. At 5, I was granted permanent custody by AZ superior court apache county. She is now 10 and I want to adopt. I don't have much money so I want to download any forms I need and do the process myself without an attorney.
U might have to hire an attorney to talk to,or go to the court that gave u permanent custody,to ask questions on this matter.I hope u get better help on here.Goodluck on the adoption.
azwildcat4
From what I've read...since I'm a blood relative no home study is required, is this correct?
Some blood relatives have to get a home study,but since your grand daughter have been living with u all this time,I wouldn't think u would need one,but not sure.
There should be local agencies, or state agencies, private or public, who can help you with answers. Perhaps even calling the State Attorney General. Whoever you call first, ask them, if they're not the right place, to refer you to another group which can help.
And the very best of success to you. I so commend you on stepping up, and hope you find a way to make this simple.