Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: China Adoption
Karen, I'm sorry your family is not supportive. My parents adopted 4 kids when they were your age. One at a time. For the last one, I think they were even in their 60's (but she was 15 and a sib). My youngest sib is 8 and my parents are 65. She is a girly girl and a rule follower which I think makes it easier being older parents but they are doing just fine. The adopted kids have a lot of advantages my bio sister and I did not have because my parents have time for them and they are their priority as my parents are winding down their work lives. There is also some financial aid rule that you don't have to include your parents income if they are over a certain age or getting social security. So youngest 3 will have minimal college expenses. My sister and I grew up with nannies and summer camps and not a ton of attention from our parents. SO their are certainly advantages to being older parents. I also notice here that when everyone was 28 or so they started having children and now there is a large group of 40ish people in my social circle that are either just starting or adding on to their families, so I think parents in general are getting older.