Advertisements
Advertisements
We are married with 2 boys. One is 2 and the other is 11 months. We want to adopt a young healthy girl 2 or younger. What eastern European country is recommended? And what agency? I am a newbie and doing research. Pms welcome
There are very few countries from where you can adopt a girl under 2, and even fewer a healthy girl.
What are you counting as 'healthy'? In a child from an orphanage, you should expect institutional delays with walking, talking, speaking, social skills etc, and attachment issues and drug (especially alcohol) exposure are a relatively high probability. Also sometimes pneumonia/bronchitis/worms and other illnesses can go around very quickly if conditions are bad or crowded in the orphanage/baby home. Thankfully many babies get very loving care, but not all, so it's a risk.
If you are okay with unkown possible drug exposure and possible delays, then Russia may be an option for you. I know a family (though not in US) who recently adopted a little girl from Russia. They did a 4 trip independent adoption, she was 9 months old when they met her, and about 14/15 months old before she came home. Has some minor health issues and was small for her age. Russia is generally an expensive country to adopt from (as an American using an agency) and requires 2-4 trips out there.
I'm not sure if there are any other countries you could consider at the moment. Most children needing adoption are older and/or have special medical needs. Most young healthy children are adopted in country and do not need international adoption. I don't know anything about agencies either I'm afraid.
Advertisements