Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
First off I have to say I think this is a horrible premise for a show because I don't think this can be done without exploiting the mom to be or even the couples hoping to adopt.
The 1 example they've given is yet another sad pathetic play at the stereotype which will do nothing to really educate people about e/bmoms.
Course, as soon as I read this section below from the article, I just shook my head because given WHERE the location is, I just truly have my doubts there will be any good in this show.
"An official description of his special from TLC:
"Birth Moms": This one-hour special focuses on the lives of three pregnant young women living at an adoption center in Utah while struggling with the decision about whether or not to put their babies up for adoption. Tensions run high as this diverse group of women from around the country interact with each other during this tumultuous time. Follow these troubled mothers-to-be on their journey to childbirth while witnessing face-to-face meetings with prospective adoptive parents who desperately want a child, and the gut wrenching moment when each birth mom must finally decides if she will give her baby up for adoption."