Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are wanting to adopt from Asia. We have been researching and believe that Taiwan would be a good fit for our family. We already have 3 biological children (all boys) and would like a little girl. I have read that people from Taiwan prefer childless couples to adopt their children. Has anyone had any success or know anyone who has success adopting a child from Taiwan when they already have children?
We had four boys when we adopted our daughter. Also, recently, we were seriously considering adopting 2 more, which would make it 6 and 7, and nobody batted an eye. However, we adopted an older child (age 5) and were considering a 10 and 12 year old. It is all relative as to whether they ( the Taiwan agency in charge of the child) believes that another family will come forward for the child. Many children have a "complicated family history" which ofter causes the child to be harder to place. Our daugther had such a history, which meant she had been homeless and neglected and suffered from developmental delays. Currently she is top of her class in reading. You can PM if you want.
Advertisements