Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
superirish
Thank you for sharing your story.
I should talk to my parents, but my older sister is already five months pregnant and in the same boat as me (sort of, she's slightly less broke) and I really can't dump this on them now. I, mean, this is like the worst possible timing ever. Can you believe I hope the world actually ends soon so I don't have to figure this out?
I know at this point in time you feel that your situation is hopeless. Just remember that you are not alone. Do you have an aunt, or other relative that you can confide in? How about a minister or priest that could help you tell your parents.
You sound like you really need a support group or counseling to get you thinking on a more positive track.
Please make the effort to reach out to someone or an agency that will help you.
Even though I had a job and was financially able to take care of myself, I felt alone in my situation.
It wasn't the end of the world, I got thru it, and went on to meet and marry a wonderful guy and raise a family.
You are the only one who can make this decision, but I think that you should reach out for some help.
I will pray that you make the right decision.
Remember, there are many couples out there looking to adopt a child and you will eventually feel that your selfless act will be appreciated.
Just a note: check out Mark Schultz on Youtube. His song "Everything to Me" written to his birthmother is inspiring. The additional video of him explaining why he wrote the song has been a comfort to me.