Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
In what way are the parents mean to her? How do you know they do not treat her well? It must be horrible for you to think of your child being in an environment where you feel she isn't being treated the way she deserves. I am currently a college student and placing my child for adoption with an amazing family. It's true; you can't really get to know them just in the time you meet during the pregnancy and while you can do the best you can do, there are times when the adoptive parents don't truly represent who they are to the birth mother. However, most adoptive parents will not treat their children badly. Also keep this in mind: chances are you might not have had the opportunity to aquire your current success had you not placed your child up for adoption. A career and house are the basic foundation to being able to provide a good life for a child. Saying the child will experiene pain over the adoption is not accurate. While some children might, not all do. Children who are raised with knowledge of their situation and understand the situation are probably going to be very happy and well adjusted people. Discouraging adoption because of your personal bad situation is not responsible but I am sorry for what you're going through. I imagine you must feel a lot of different emotions. Maybe speaking with a counselor can help you deal with this and help you find peace.