Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
jess1986
A career and house are the basic foundation to being able to provide a good life for a child.
Actually, this is very subjective. I know lots of adoptees that had all the material things but would have traded it all to live with their birth family.
jess1986
Saying the child will experiene pain over the adoption is not accurate. While some children might, not all do. Children who are raised with knowledge of their situation and understand the situation are probably going to be very happy and well adjusted people.
Actually, even in most of the best open adoptions children experience loss. I know it is tempting to minimize a birth parent's role in the life of the child, but the bottom line is that you are irreplaceable. Separation of parent and child should only be done under the most dire of circumstances.
I suggest you read the adoptee forums. Their pain is real, and their is no guarantee that your child will have that happy ending. Is the situation you find yourself in irreversible or will you go on to better things? While it might be difficult, it is not impossible to build the life you believe that your child should have.