Advertisements
Advertisements
If any one has a copy of georgia stepparent adoption papers can you please email them to me. My husband has raised my son since he was 3months old. We havent had to money to pay a lawyer in hall county and there court house doesnt sell that package. Crazy huh but they are quick to sell divorce paperwork.My son is goingto be 14 at the end of this month and has begged us to had this done and wants his lastname changed. Who could blame biological fathers hasnt seen him in years nor does he pay any support. If you can PLEASE email me the info to monika10599@yahoo.com
did anyone ever send you this information? my court doesnt have the paperwork either they told me to contact an attorney, we have already paid an attorney to give us the paperwork for the Bio Dad to surrender his rights and consent to the adoption but now the lawyer wants another $200 on top of what we already paid for the actual Adoption paperwork for my husband to fill out...
Advertisements
I really hope you have been successful with this or that you received the necessary paperwork. If his biological father is willing to sign over rights and to consent to the step parent adoption then this can be done without a lawyer. Sometimes a lawyer's help is necessary if the absent parent doesn't consent and that is when you need to prove him unfit or well...absent. I found a website that may help you get the necessary paperwork needed and they also have a great FAQ page. I really hope it helps. http://www.rapidadoption.com/support.html