Advertisements
Advertisements
Im soooo happy :clap: to hear as of July 1st 2012, adoptees 25yrs old and older can go to the Office of Vital Statistics and request an unaltered original copy of their Birth certificates !!!! There is a $20 search fee. Birth mothers everywhere are probably freaking out...
:clap: :clap:
Why would you assume birth mothers everywhere are freaking out? Most I know (including myself) are for open records. In fact, I'm against the whole practice of falsified birth certificates in the first place.
Advertisements
I assume this because in 1970 when I was adopted it was considered something to sweep under the rug. There is NO denying that there is a HUGE majority of CLOSED adoptions where the birth mother doesn't want it coming up later in life, hence the option for CLOSED adoption. (It still amazes me that one can just walk away legally from thier child) OPEN adoption has been an option for a long time now and if you want contact later in life than BMothers could have chosen that option...
dli_420
Im soooo happy :clap: to hear as of July 1st 2012, adoptees 25yrs old and older can go to the Office of Vital Statistics and request an unaltered original copy of their Birth certificates !!!! There is a $20 search fee. Birth mothers everywhere are probably freaking out...
Hi, RI also has a Voluntary Mutual consent registry.
Everyone should be signing up there too. And yes,
if an adoptee 25+ wants to request their copy of the orig. birth cert they can.
There is also a search and support group on yahoo
RI_Adoptee_search_support