Advertisements
Advertisements
I wondered if any of you single moms have ever used the BB/BS program for mentoring your kids. I have a very spirited 6 year old who would benefit from a male role model in his life (He has many uncles, but all live too far from us), but have fears about pedophilia. The people who run the program assure me that it is very tightly monitored, but still . . . any thoughts?
I am new to the forum and am beginning the process of foster to adoption of a teen or a pair of teens. Divorced father of a boy and a girl now 20 and 21 and twice a big brother in the program you describe. Once while I was in college, and once before my marriage. Both programs that I was involved with required background checks and the workers were very aware of and watching for potential issues, as you would be able to do as well. In reality, probably less of a chance than if your kid interacted with relatives....I know nobody ever wants to hear that, but having been a police officer, I have seen that disbelief more often that one should have to see it.
Advertisements