Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello All,
My husband and I are in the process of adopting a sibling group of three from Colombia. We chose to adopt three at once because these cases are considered "special needs" in Colombia so they do not get placed on a wait list for a referral.
There are many reasons we decided to adopt a sibling group, and now that we are in the process I can't imagine it any other way. I have a blog, and I would love to hear from others who have adopted sibling groups or who are interested in adopting sibling groups:
allroadsleadtoyou.blogspot.ca
We are in the process of adopting a sibling group of 3 from California. They arrive tomorrow night for a 20 day visit. We've already had three long weekend visits with them. We are so excited. We are hoping to have them placed soon after they return to CA. It all seems to hinge on our FBI clearance. If the one we did last year is accepted, we should be good. If we need the one we did last week, only time will tell how long that will take. They need to be placed before their court date on July 25th.
We would have considered adopting from Columbia. My husband lived there for 18 months. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like a good option for us when we started this process 5 1/2 years ago.
Good luck bringing your kids home. How long do you think it will be? Have you met them?
Advertisements
MiaLake
Hello All,
My husband and I are in the process of adopting a sibling group of three from Colombia. We chose to adopt three at once because these cases are considered "special needs" in Colombia so they do not get placed on a wait list for a referral.
There are many reasons we decided to adopt a sibling group, and now that we are in the process I can't imagine it any other way. I have a blog, and I would love to hear from others who have adopted sibling groups or who are interested in adopting sibling groups:
allroadsleadtoyou.blogspot.ca
Hi, we are also adopting sib group of 3 from Colombia and was just wondering if u guys had received your approval yet. We ave been waiting ab 3.5 months now which is little longer than I anticipated. Just seeing if you have had any luck and how long it took you? Thanks!