Advertisements
Advertisements
27 year old single mom. My second illegitimate child is due in November. I am going crazier because I already have major depression and OCD. My family and friends say they are there for me, but after years of not having a close relationship to anyone besides my childs father, I feel estranged from my family and friends and unable to tap into that support. Its awkard and difficult for me. I figured I need to find some sort of support and maybe making new friends is part of the answer, in addition to learning how to be close to my loved ones again.
the father of my child moved on a month after i found out i was pregnant. at the time i thought i was doing the right thing by letting him go, but he got away quick and a month later was too busy for me and i started calling him names and he now is dating a girl for two months and i am not dealing with it well at all. i know life goes on this is just a small part of my life, but being fat, lonely, and mucusy doesnt do well for my depression or my self esteem. i miss him. and i dont know how to move on and accept that he is happy with this new woman. i am crying almost every day and i keep thinking about drinking, smoking, cutting, but i cant bring myself to hurt my child or myself cuz cutting hurts now more than it did when i was a teenager.
i need someone who can identify with an unwanted and nauseating pregnancy and who would like to coach me through this or offer some advice that will really help that i can act on.
You need to contact your local mental health department. They can help you get set up with low/no cost counseling to help with the depression.
I wish you well.
Advertisements
Hi Kharma84,
No matter how hard you deny it, you will need your family for support. More than anybody else, your family will be the last person to turn their back on you. So why don't you give it a shot? Start with giving your mom a call. Above anybody else, your mom will understand you most.