Advertisements
Advertisements
The referral services I mentioned are licensed adoption agencies not facilitators, with the exception of Bundle of Joy.
Advertisements
Thank you all for your encouragement. It made me feel better that someone else was turned down by them :) ha! I have never heard of referral services - I will research :)
Texas- It was a crazy whirlwind! We still look back and think did that really happen?!!?
I think there were a few things that helped us adopt so quickly. We had a pdf copy of our homestudy and our profile so we could email it to agencies. I think that having a professional looking profile really helped. We used Shutterfly and I looked at professional adoption profile websites to get ideas.
When we signed up with all of the referral services we were immediately presented with at least 5 situations. All of the birthmothers were due within 2 weeks so they were eager to look at profiles and make a decision.
I think being ready to submit our homestudy and profiles immediately really helped!
Good luck Texas!
oregongirl
Texas- It was a crazy whirlwind! We still look back and think did that really happen?!!?
I think there were a few things that helped us adopt so quickly. We had a pdf copy of our homestudy and our profile so we could email it to agencies. I think that having a professional looking profile really helped. We used Shutterfly and I looked at professional adoption profile websites to get ideas.
When we signed up with all of the referral services we were immediately presented with at least 5 situations. All of the birthmothers were due within 2 weeks so they were eager to look at profiles and make a decision.
I think being ready to submit our homestudy and profiles immediately really helped!
Good luck Texas!
We used One World, too (and Shutterfly!) we were getting calls before our home study was done. We had to wait a lot longer than Oregongirl, though...it took us two months from the day our home study was complete until l
peanut came home with us! :love: Facilitators are illegal in my State, too, but One World is a licensed adoption agency.
Advertisements
Were you turned down before orientation or after? We are in the application phase and that makes me nervous! Hang in there!! :)
Turned down right after that first application! Had not attended the orientation :(
I have come to think it was due to me just finishing a round of IVF... But I will never know!great luck