Advertisements
Advertisements
We just adopted our lil boy and will adopt his sister in 6 weeks. We are military family and I have been researching the adoption reimbursement. My question is do we qualify for any reimbursement since we went through the state and had no out of pocket expense? We had the normal expenses with having a child while he was in foster care. It took us 16 months to adopt him and we had him from birth. We have no fees because the state paid for all the fees, ie legal, adoption, placement, etc.
Advertisements
We went in and talked to the office however, they didnt know what they we were talking about. So they sent us to another office (I cant remember the offices) and they said that it was the other office issue. So we honestly just gave up and I have continued to research.
I was hoping someone on here could provide some insight since the offices were less than helpful. I would love to have the reimbursement if we are entitled to it. We have 1st and 2nd birthdays coming up next month!
Anyone had any experience with foster care adoption and the military reimbursement?
We pay an accountant $50 to do our taxes. They know how to apply for the ATC and we got it even adopting from foster care. We'll get another one for this year because we will do another adoption next week.