Advertisements
Advertisements
I am looking into this option, but I have heard different things, including people talking about it not ever actually happening. Has anyone here been successful?
Advertisements
We are also wondering the same thing. If there's any information anyone could offer it would be greatly appreciated !
THIS has been years so if you are still considering adoption from Jamaica this is indeed possible. let me know if you are still interested and I will submit my journey with my adoption. although its not completed as yet it was quite a task
Hi Bevy!
I am very interested in hearing your journey since I am planning to adopt from Jamaica. I've been searching all over the wed for updated information so PLEASE, any information you have is much appreciated.
Thank you!
Advertisements
Chantal;
International Adoption requires that you go through a Hague Accredited Agency,
I would not accept people's word on the Internet.
Haiti is the only ' Carribbean Island '. That I have seen that has a viable Adoption program.
Also, I would caution, if you do not follow Hague Protocol and move forwards with Adoption.
You are legally responsible for the Advocacy of child until the age 21 In their Home Country as well also!!
let me first say that , "people" on the internet who are quick to make negative comments should stop. this is a forum and we all learn from other people's experiences. I certainly did. Each person's situation is different and it can never be identical. if you must know anyone who intends to adopt must take to time to research and not depend solely on what others say. if that's what is inferred here then obviously your opinion is that "people" who come to this forum are idiots. I personally take offense to this because I relied heavily on this site for quick advise and direction. so when we think to make comments on this forum be mindful of what we say
I am replying for multiple people's interests , and the Adoption process is Identical in process for everyone since the Hague Treaty.
Why do you see ' Negativity ' instead of reality and truth please??
I am entitled to have my own opinion as well also!!
Hi Juli,
Yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but this is a forum. We all come here for advise and guidance. I personally don't expect to take every bit of information from people without doing my own due diligence but, I do value people's opinion and advice. Bevy gave me so much priceless information that was very helpful and will save me lots of time and gave me a piece of mind. No legal advice, just her experience and that's exactly why I joined this forum. Its nice to hear someone elses experience to prepare for your own journey. This site is just another tool people use in researching through their adoption journey. I'm not sure what you use this site for but to each his own.
Advertisements
I agree with what you say totally regarding. ' It's nice to hear other people's experiences ,'
As well as I am very impresses the fact that you are doing some research on your own.
I heard or I ' gleaned ' from what she said. ' She is still in process . '
Adoption went from being a ' Trend ' . Where anyone who had a ' heartbeat ' could adopt to radicalized change in 2014.
I would look at and compare Pre-2014 to 2016 or Today.
I only found one Hague Accredited Agency for Jamaica through ' Google ' search, Placement from this Agency would depend on how many ' Orphans ' ,
That this one Agency processes into their System.
The Agency from it's Website doesn't look very knowledgeable or has no data or ' Agency Reference ' . .As well also??
Which to me would be a ' Redflag ' as well also.
In choosing an Agency (ies) as well also.
I would ask for 5 positive experiences and 5 Negative experiences of their past or in processing Clients as well also.
please People do your research Jamaica is a nonHague convention Country. the process is a little different from Hague Country. theonly agency for Jamaica is Creative Adoptions INc and they are good. the difference can be found online.The process for adopting a child from a non-Convention country differs in some key ways from adopting from a Convention country. do work if plan to adopt. Adopting just for the sake of adoption (heartbeat) is not the norm so cynicism shouldn't be cultivated here. Opinions do matter so thanks.
IF people are posting here to incite anticipation and fear so they can get clients for CARIBBEAN adoptions, i don't think this is a forum for you
thanks for your information and experiences and advice but I wont be paying anyone now or ever here; only the accredited agency that will process adoption should be paid.
Advertisements
Bevy;
Both Jamaica and America are Hague Accredited Countries.
I am relying more on fact . Than on my personal opinion.
For a process that is upwards of $60,000 and mostly Legal Advocacy or Expenses and Advocacy of the Child In-Country once Referred.
Both of my Husband and I would expect what we pay for!!
A Guarantee that a child will be placed within 10 years with our Family.
The Child receives the best Advocacy Medical , Education and Nurturing possible whilst In-Country.
Immigration is the 3rd step of the process or Triad no matter what Country you reside in, and that there are ' no real issues in bringing the child home '!!
Last update on July 27, 10:18 am by Juli Hawley.
Hi Jili,
I understand your concern about the Hague being involved but Jamaica is not under Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption. Every country is different and Jamaica actually seems to have straight forward laws. Now, US law requires that all adoptions go through a Hague Accredited Agency. There is a difference and its a very unique situation. That is why Bevy's information was so priceless because to be frank, there are not much people talking about adopting from Jamaica. Personal experience is limited in this subject. And in response to you insinuating I am not doing research is flat out dumb. Seriously, you sound like a troll or you are using sarcasm poory. We are all adults and I would appreciate you use common sense when responding to posts. There is nothing in my original post that said I am not doing my own research. In fact, I stated that I've been searching all over the web for updated information. So please again, read and respond carefully. Be kind or helpful.
Thanks