Advertisements
Advertisements
juli,
Your 'facts' are not true. Please do your research if you want to respond to this post in particular because Jamaica is NOT under Hauge convention. You arre posting false 'facts' and giving useless information. Please do not ruin this post if you do not have knowledge or experience in this subject. For all the other people that find this do your research. Its hard enough to find someone that's been through Jamaican adoption process. You are clearly mistaken if you say it takes op to 60k to adopt internationally. Seriously that's false and does not apply to all countries.
Advertisements
This is from the United States Consular's Office
" Jamaica
July 14, 2014
Notice: New UAA Country Specific Guidance for Jamaica
The Department of State recently provided new country specific guidance for intercountry adoptions from Jamaica. This guidance reflects that as of July 14, 2014, the Intercountry Adoption Universal Accreditation Act of 2012 (UAA) affects the provision of adoption services in non-Convention adoption cases, including those from Jamaica. The published guidance explains the impact of the UAA on adoption cases in Jamaica, taking into account the role of Jamaican public authorities in the different types of intercountry adoption processes available there. More information is available on the UAA Country Specific Guidance page and the country information sheet for Jamaica. "
I also still stand by what I said originally and as well also!!
You forgot to add this!!!
Jamaica is not party to the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption(Hague Adoption Convention). Intercountry adoptions of children from non-Hague countries are processed in accordance with 8 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 204.3 as it relates to orphans as defined under the Immigration and Nationality Act, Section 101(b)(1)(F).
Don't give half of the story.
That was all of the information the Consular's Office had in posting??
Also the $60,000 figure goes mainly towards Legal fees and the Child's Advocacy whilst In-Country.
Where is the ' Grossly Mistaken ' component please??
The other components to be asking are.
How many Kids have physically become United States Citizens or have come home to Families since 2003.
How many Kids are ' Qualified Orphans ' in Jamaica.
Our United States will not say . ' The child is an ' Qualified Orphan ' . If Dad is ' in the picture ' as well also.
Advertisements
Jamaica Adoption
e-mailprint bookmark comment
Currently 5/5 Stars.12345You may use the stars on the left to rate and leave feedback for the current article. No registration is required.Waiting for 5 votes
Flag of Jamaica
This program is: open
' Other: Anecdotal evidence is that most adoptions from Jamaica are relative adoptions.
Children available for adoption are boys and girls, from infants to older and special needs children. In 2011, U.S. citizens adopted approximately 100 children from Jamaica.
Visit the Adoption Directory for Jamaica Adoption Agencies and other professionals and services.
Map of Jamaica
Travel required: Both (if married) must travel for the initial application and personal interview.
Convention Country?: No
Singles accepted: Yes
Other: Anecdotal evidence is that most adoptions from Jamaica are relative adoptions. '
You are getting off topic. I was just proving a point that YOU left out. That Jamaica is not a Hague convention country. We are not talking about the logistics of what makes a child an orphan. You were giving misleading information. My point is proven. Not going to argue with you about it.
Chantal;
If Jamaica is not a Hague Country.
Our United States Government will not allow Adoptions.
International Adoption is a 3 step proces
Placement of Child
Parents ' Ability to Parent and Advocate for Child
United States Immigration
All 3 components must fit together.
I would also look at Immigration's Website and then say I am wrong as well also??
Without United States Immigration, as Parents are solely responsible for this child's ' Best Interests ' in Jamaica as well also!!
The one Agency who Advocates.
If they don't have any fees, Than how legitimate are they in reality please??
Doesn't say how many Kids they have placed.
Our Consular's Office says ' The Kids who have been placed in homes and Families are mainly related .'
he Universal Accreditation Act of 2012 requires all Americans adopting internationally, and not just those adopting from Hague countries, to have a Hague-accredited agency or a Hague-approved lawyer in the U.S. as their primary provider. The ' The Purpose of the law is to ensure that all adoptions by Americans, including both Hague- and non-Hague adoptions, safeguard the rights of children, their birthparents, and their adoptive parents.
While you are still welcome to adopt from a non-Hague country, or to do many steps of the adoption process, such as identifying a child, on your own if your state and the foreign country allow it, you will need to have a Hague-accredited agency or a Hague-approved attorney who can serve as a primary provider and ensure that what you are doing complies with all legal and ethical requirements. You will not be able to get an adoption visa for your child if you do not comply with this new law, which took effect in 2014. There are many excellent U.S. agencies that you can use, but if you do NOT want to use an agency, you can select from among the few American attorneys that have received Hague approval. There is a list of currently accredited agencies and approved attorneys on the website of the U.S. State Department, at adoption.state.gov. Unless you are adopting from Korea, you can use an agency in any U.S. state.
Please don't hesitate to ask more questions, as you go through the adoption process.'
Advertisements
Chantal;
What do you feel or Advocate the cost is to Adopt both Internationally or from Jamaica.
Given Legal, Health Care and Child Advocacy Standards please??
Why do you feel $60,000 is not possible please??
Its time we filter the crap from the proper information. everyone has to do their own research . I strongly believe that people are coming on this forum to incite anxiety and fear so that they can drum up clients and charge them to prepare paperwork and give inaccurate advice and in the end racking up the 60k in fees. Adoption is expensive no one is disputing that but asides from getting the accredited agencies (adoption and home study) if you are willing to do a lot of the ground work ( and some of this is filling out tedious paperwork) then it will not cost this astronomical 60k as suggested, I can assure you that that most of the 60k will be a part of the fees some people will try to illicit from unsuspecting people who want to adopt but have not done adequate research. so people of this forum who genuinely want to adopt , do the groundwork, get your hands in the dirt. work to get your child. if you have the extra $$ to pay people who prey on your inexperience then go ahead and pay them. I for one will not be a part of parting with my money unnecessary. I asked so many questions and did 90% of the groundwork that the agency I hired discounted my fee. so let me tell you don't fall for the rhetoric.
Good luck and lets keep this positive and progressive.
and I truly believe that this will be the last I will post for this topic. I am very passionate but getting to be too much. in 6 months I will post my adoption journey as a guide not a tool but a guide for people who want to adopt.
Blessings and good luck with all your adoption experiences.
God speed.
' Bevy. '
I believe ' Chantal ' is seeking information now instead of 6 months from now??
As well as 6 months from now we may have a new President who believes ' International Adoption is not in the Best Interests of America or the United States of America .'
The high percentage of cost in International Adoption is Legal or Attorney expenses, Medical and Health Care and the Child's Welfare while In-Country.
Payment of Services or Fees has nothing to do with who ever completes the paperwork .
Advertisements
juli Hawley
please do not address me with anything you have to say. I am not interested, I figured you would support a Destructive Tumor with Hitler tendencies, the nonsense you spew is similar to his. so now I am convinced you are just fishing for people to scam. people do your research and don't listen to this nonsense,. DONOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT address me ever again