Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
FlightTimeDad
In my state Ohio according the guidelines in CAPMIS the Comprehensive Assesment and Interim Solution model for assesing risk behavior. If a baby has drugs in the meconium, the first poop. That child will be adjudicated for neglect / abuse. You may want to look at how risk is assesed in your state.
But not every newborn is tested. CWs do not have every potentially drug addicted pregnant mom on their radar. (What does a CW do, open their own complaint on the pregnant bio because she's preggers and an addict and for no other reason?)
I'm not even sure how docs. decide when to order the drug screen on the newborn. (I'm pretty sure that it's not done to every newborn.) Do docs. have to have a court order from a CW to do it?
For certain, drugged Ohio newborns don't go home with mom, right? I hope I'm right on that!
POWEROF3 : On another thread, I was educated that methodone is given for the fetus' benefit. A preg. mom getting off heroin cold turkey would kill the fetus, but the outcome of methodone exposed newborns is apparently better. (sorry,no link on that....it's just what I've read here....)