Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I am dealing with this exact situation in Virginia. My 2nd cousin was born addicted to prescribed methadone and exposed to cocaine. He should be released from the hospital this week (he is 6 weeks old) and he will go home with his mom. :hissy:
I pray he will be safe in her care and she will turn for real help if needed instead of drugs.
In opinion this is child abuse. She abused him before he even got a chance. She forced him to suffer through withdrawals while she is still allowed to get her drugs.
I do not understand at all. My 1st cousin is a long time drug abuser. She abandoned her first daughter who was adopted by my aunt and now she has gotten pregnant again by someone she doesn't know and brought a life into this world that she cannot take care of. Her and her son will become a burden on the "system" and will use (and abuse) it at every corner.
How do we expect illegal drug users to beat the addiction when the govt is supplying the drug at a reduced rate everyday around the corner? Our govt is an enabler of drug addicts. They do not want the drug dealers on the street getting rich when they too can have a piece of the pie.
Methadone (alone) is not recovery or treatment. It is government approved heroin. (And donҒt forget heroin was made to combat the publics addict to morphine.)