Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
stop talking to your mom about it.:mad: She likely won't change her mind and her views on "why" your having infertility is really hurtful.
After you have the baby and she sees it and you caring for it, she will probably change her mind, but honestly you have nothing to prove to her. She can either choose to support you or she doesn't have to be around.
There was a period of time when my grandmother who was the sweetest grandma in the world began speaking negatively to me regarding our choice to foster and adopt. Once she saw the pictures and met the kiddos she changed her mind. Then came another battle when I told her I was stimulating my milk to come in and was nursing my newborn infant adoption. She had religious reasons against it plus her own views. It really hurt my feelings but I just agreed to disagree and continued on with my plans.
Years later she is back to the sweet old grandma I've always known and extremly supportive of me and my choices as a mom and constantly tells me how proud she is of me.
I'm sure your mom will come around at some point but I wouldn't let her words hurt you or hold you back. Give her time.