Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi. I'm 18 and want to get adopted. Is this possible at the age of 18? I am also not a U.S. citizen.
I've been abused by my parents both physically and mentally for my entire life and really want this nightmare to end so much.
If it is possible, please let me know what I should do to get adopted.
Thanks for reading this. God bless you..
1 Liked
 likes this.
Adults can be adopted. Usually an adult will find a family that they have a connection to and ask them. I don't know if you have ever experienced it, but many people have other adults that they look up while growing up. Perhaps you might know of someone already.
Advertisements
You cannot be adopted as a way to gain citizenship. You will have to look at the laws in your home country to figure out if there is a way there. Usually adoptions of people over 18 are by people who already have a relationship. Step parents, foster parents or close friends. I was also abused as a child. New parents won't erase that. It's not fair that you don't have anyone to help you, but you will probably need to deal with it. The chances are slim that you will find someone who will step up. You need to ask yourself what it is you are looking for. If you are looking for someone to mentor you and care about you, then you can look for a mentor, you don' need to be adopted. If you are looking for someone to financially support you, then you are probably out of luck. My suggestion would be to first find a way to get citizenship. Then you can look at financial aid to get an education. As you find yourself, you will assemble a "family" of friends around you.
I have raised a few kids and I know just because you turn 18 does not mean you have it all. Feel free to contact me. We are a normal christian family with a lot of love and care for other people.
wannabeadopted
Hi. I'm 18 and want to get adopted. Is this possible at the age of 18? I am also not a U.S. citizen.
I've been abused by my parents both physically and mentally for my entire life and really want this nightmare to end so much.
If it is possible, please let me know what I should do to get adopted.
Thanks for reading this. God bless you..
Sorry you've had to live with that nightmare wannabeadopted :(
A few people I know have found this to be extremely helpful in finding a new and better place to be, and better people to be with. Maybe it could work for you too. Just a thought. Good luck in all your future adult endeavors.
[url=http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/f/noncitizen.htm]U.S. Military FAQ -- Can a non-U.S. Citizen join the United States Military?[/url]
Question: Can a non-U.S. Citizen join the United States Military?
Answer: Yes. A non-citizen can enlist in the military. However, federal law prohibits non-citizens from becoming commission or warrant officers.
In order for a non-citizen to enlist in the military, he/she must first be a legal immigrant (with a green card), permamently residing in the United States. It's important to note that the military cannot and will not assist in the immigration process. One must immigrate first, using normal immigration quotas and procedures, and -- once they've established an address in the United States -- they can find a recruiter's office and apply for enlistment.
wannabeadopted- You can not be adopted by adopted into the US at this time. That does not mean you can not find a family to love and care for you. If your goal is to come to the United States there maybe other ways to do that. But unfortunately you can't be adopted and be granted citizenship. You can get a visa to come to the US legally for another reason and get married or find another way to stay and than if you found a family you became a part of they could legally adopt you to give you their last name and legal rights as next of kin. I am sorry for your past and hope you find a support system to heal.
Advertisements
My name is danley and I am 15 yr old indian I want to be adopted I am weak in learning and my parents treat me like me outsider I want to pursue my education but they are not allowing it and I am very sad I want to be adopted pls someone help me I will always be a good son