Advertisements
Advertisements
Our STBAS is 3 1/2 and was potty trained and completely free of accidents for 4 or 5 weeks but has now had about 2 months of almost daily accidents. This began shortly after a visit with his previous foster parents (though that didn't seem to be difficult for him to handle emotionally). Do kids sometimes regress without an obvious reason? We took him to the Dr. to make sure he didn't have a urinary tract infection and he's physically fine. Your thoughts and advice would be very much appreciated!!!
I know that having her bio-sib move into the same foster home that she is in has caused a friends fd to regress in the area of toileting. I would guess that the visit with the former foster family could have something to do with it.
Was he, by chance ill just prior to regressing? My son was almost potty trained at 2 when he got very ill for one week. He is now almost 5-1/2 and is just now retraining.
Advertisements
Does anyone know how we can help him get past this? He went from letting us know any time he had an accident to being accident free to (now) wetting his pants and not even seeming to notice. At first we continued to let him choose when he needed to pee and thought the natural consequences of having to stop play to clean up and change clothes would take care of it. Now we're making him use the bathroom every 1 1/2 - 2 hours and this is still not preventing all accidents! It doesn't seem like an intentional act of defiance and is usually only a small amount. Is there anything else we can do???