Advertisements
Advertisements
all kids here under 5 in foster care qualify. I don't do it. Not worth my time plus I feel that I should provide the food for my fs.
Advertisements
When they asked me for proof of income for the kids I wasn't sure what to do at first. We don't get a receipt or such from our stipend payments and I wasn't going to hand them our monthly bank register. What ended up work out was having a copy of the page from the FP handbook that lists the monthly stipend. I just keep that extra copy and take it whenever it is needed.
Also, ask about online classes. I have only once did a nutrition class in person. All the other times I have been able to do it online.
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that this is not a "by state" situation -- all FKs under five qualify for the federally funded WIC.
I hate that it carries a stigma, but I'm glad that it's available and that it allows FPs (and all caregivers) not to sacrifice more than they already do.
We get it for our little loves and it is a help, but sometimes wonder if it's worth it after they are off formula....the long waits are horrible here.