Advertisements
Advertisements
I have posted here before, and it seems to be a losing battle, but I am going to give it one more shot here...hopefully someone can help.
Hi, my name is Eric and I was born in Lincoln, NE on 10-26-1971 at 12:49am at Bryan Hospital. I was put up for adoption and was adopted 3 days later to Ronald and Amy Miller of now Gretna, NE.
The Lutheran Family Services took care of the adoption. Apparently, they have the cards for my and my brother (b. 02-27-1975) as well, but wont release them to either of us without a big fat check in their hand, however, they did send some of the information below.
My birth mother was 24 years old and dad was 27. He was a salesman and she was in school for or was working as a nurse or something like that. The info I have says that they never intended on marriage. My mothers father was 6'4 and 300lb - a "big but not fat man". I was told I have a couple other older brothers/sisters and would like to locate them too. Apparently this was a closed adoption, but based on what I know and the information that I have read in this forum and others, that it doesnt mean that the search is over. I have some other information to add as soon as I find it at home...Hopefully, this will help me put some questions to rest and let me move on with my life. If the birthmother or father wish to meet or talk - I would like that. I hope they know I hold no antimocity toward them or anyone, but I would just like to chat, say hello and let them know I am doing fine. I think that would be enough...any more would depend on what they are receptive to - I am pretty open to anything.
I have been looking ever since I was 25 (when you're allowed here in Nebraska) and its been almost 14 years now and have received no responses here since I started.
I watched a show on TV about helping people search for their birth parents, siblings and children given up for adoption - its amazing what money can do in those searches - unfortunately, I don't have that luxury to get this done. Was hoping for a little something or some help from people on here. If anyone has any information or needs further documentation, I can upload all the papers I received from LFS. Would just like a chance to communicate with them before it is too late.
I am about to give up on this as it takes up too much of my energy and time...I would really love to introduce you to your wonderful grandkids...they are awesome!