Advertisements
Advertisements
I write a blog about adoption that you might like. This is the most recent post: [url]https://thatadoptedgirljulianawhitney.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/why-i-think-tove-los-habits-totally-applies-to-adopted-kids/#more-163[/url] It touches on issues adoptees have and there will be more to come :).
Advertisements
I write a blog about adoption that you might like at thatadoptedgirljulianawhitney.wordpress.com. I also have thatadoptedgirl.com I talk about adoption from an adoptees perspective trying to make it as real as possible. This is a topic I can definitely touch on :). Join the conversation! My contact info is on the website .
Hey! Check out [url]www.thatadoptedgirl.com[/url] I talk about adoption from an adoptee's perspective in an open, honest and raw way. This is definitely a topic I can touch on :).
cdcynner
It is so common for Adoptees to suffer from Abandonment issues. I'm tired of it. I desperately want to get past this and have healthy relationships. Has anyone on here been able to move past these issues and if so HOW?
Psychoanalysis therapy. It works with the subconscious -such as being abandoned at birth- and explores how it affects our lives with greater awareness in the conscious.
My husband was adopted at birth. We found his b-mom and discovered she had two older daughters when he was born and was married.
What had happened was she had been raped while her husband was out at sea in the Navy. He refused to believe it was a rape, however the man was arrested for another rape about two years later. He wouldn't accept the child.
She had no job skills and three children. One of the little girls was from a previous marriage. She had also had a c-section and her family sided with her husband. What was she to do? She was in no position to support herself and three children without help.
The fact that a married couple relinquishes a child does not necessarily mean that they are selfish. Joyce wanted her baby very much and tried later to get him back. She and her daughters have been a real blessing in our lives.
Advertisements
Hi JLB,
I'm so glad your husband was able to locate and have a relationship with his first family.
I was conceived after a date rape and my first mother also told me she had wanted to keep me. Knowing those facts helps me to understand "what happened" (which is important) but it did not help my anxieties about relationships. Therapy was needed for that.
To the OP from quite a while ago... Someone on another group for adult adoptees suggested this book:
The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk.
I'm still reading it. I've found there is a lot in there about how a combination of awareness and body work can help a lot.
I thought it was only me with abandoment issues. Maybe I was always told that my reactions to circumstanes was not normal by my adoptive family.
I feel like I have been through a double whammy. The feeling of rejection by my birth family, and as an adult who was always told that regardless of the family I was raised in, I was always going to be like my birth family, rejection by my adoptive family.
Most of the time I go through feeling of what is wrong with me. Why do I care too much? Why do I fight til the end for those I love. It's my fear of abondoment. But alas it is inevitable. I have learnt that no matter how much I love people and allow them into my life, I am always destined to be hurt, as I have a problem with letting go, and most others don't.Now I find myself nearly 40, single and not sure if I know how to love anyone special, or be loved by anyone.
It does suck not knowing where you fit in the world, but I keep on keeping on, cause there's gotta be something right??
Does anyone else have these type of feelings or unloveness?