Advertisements
Advertisements
One thing that really bugs me is that there seems to be no way to be reasonably sure of a current snail mail address or phone number. All the "free people search" sites are not free at all- typing a name into the search window is free, but the results are behind the pay wall. There's not much sense in paying blindly for information that I either incorrect or that I know already.
Advertisements
I took a look at the card- the yellow label on the envelope reads:
"Return to sender/attempted-not known/unable to forward"
Well that's a little more problematic to figure out what's going on. I would take that USPS label to mean essentially the same thing as someone writing "return to sender" on the envelope. Sorry my grand suggestion didn't work out better!
I can think of two possibilities: either the address is good and it's a "return to sender" scenario like I mentioned above, or she did move and the forwarding address is now expired. Unfortunately I don't know of a good way to tell just by the USPS.
I'm sending another email to her... Hopefully I'll get a response back. Any response is better than none.
flopshot
I'm sending another email to her... Hopefully I'll get a response back. Any response is better than none.
This isn't making sense flopshot. I sent you a message.
Advertisements
:love: Thinking of you flopshot always brings a smile to my face. :banana: , hoping that your weekend will be as special as you are and all that you have dreamed of
This isn't making sense flopshot. I sent you a message.
Reunion was/is amazing. I got to spend a lot of time with my bmom and brothers that weekend. I also have been getting FB friend requests and welcome messages from so many members of my bfamily. This is beyond what I could have hoped for and really miraculous.
Congratulations!
I too have been reunited for only a few months with both my bmother and bfather...and found I have 7 half-siblings! It's been an incredible! We haven't yet met in person but I look forward to that day. The "knowing", as much of a roller-coaster as it is...brings me great peace. I hope you find that too.
Wow, flopshot, that's awesome. It's wonderful to hear that your persistence finally brought you into contact with your birth family, and you've begun reunion.
Best of luck to you in your new relationships with your birth family!
Advertisements
flop, if I may share some thots.
First I would not base any actions on what the Postal Service does. I have had to hand deliver letters with a valid address after they were returned.
Secondly, I would suggest that in your contact with birth mom that all your contact is open. Keep your contact confined to your thots without requiring any obligation on her part. e.g. "Mom, wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday and many more. Love," etc.
This lets her know you want more, but puts her under no obligation to respond. The ball is in her court.
I would use this format for birthdays, holidays, or just notes, "thinking of you," at other times.
It may take her a while to respond. There are no time limits.
Sometimes, by placing an obligation on someone to respond can anger. There is no way for you to know that she is interested in responding but isn't ready.
I wish you the best.
Drywall, I think your suggestions are very good ones. It makes a lot of sense to give the person you're searching for the time and space to respond on their terms.