Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Trauma Bond
Our therapists thinks that there is a strong possibility that our foster kids have a trauma bond instead of a normal sibling bond. She is concerned that they need to be separated do to aggression from the oldest toward the youngest. She wants to really be sure before separating them, but she thinks that may be the best/only way for both of them to heal. The oldest also has moderate attachment issues but is making some progress in that aspect. Has anyone had experience with this type of bond and did they have to separate the siblings? We are really hoping it won't come to that but we are not a therapeutic home and that may be what he needs.
You are not wrong to do so, my sister and I have a trauma bond because of the family that raised us, I was made to protect her and we never let anyone in, people tried to turn us against each other we fought back, we grew sick when we were minutes apart or if one of us were somewhere the other wasn’t, I didn’t grow up healthy, it’s hard for me to adapt to be an adult , her it’s semi easy but she struggles and she’s married now, but her mental state isn’t healthy neither is mine. The trauma bond is scary because the children can get hostile and I know because I did, I break a lot of things and my rage is over control if something happens to my sister or if someone thinks about hurting her I get very violent, do not let kids grow up afraid of anyone else help them grow, I’m 24 and I just wanna be a kid , I don’t want to grow up , also effects of growing up at 7 years old to protect my little sister