Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone recently adopted from the Irkutsk region? Or is anyone currently in the process of adopting within Irkutsk?
Any information would be appreciated!
Our agency just recently assigned us to Irkutsk. We were originally assigned to a region in the SW, but our agency thinks Irkutsk will be a better fit for us. We are just waiting to hear back from the region regarding document requirements.
I'm having great difficulty finding anyone with successful adoption stories within the last few years which is a bit disheartening. I mostly keep hearing that things there move slowly or did years ago.
I checked with the yahoo group for adopting from Irkutsk, but no one has been on there since 2011. I will keep searching for information.
Thank you again for responding!
Advertisements
Of all the regions in Russia, I truly beleive that one has a history of being the most difficult. Things could have improved, if there are new judges, but I don't know what's going on there now. I'd discuss this more with your agency, and ask for a different region if possible.
AlanaRayne
Our agency just recently assigned us to Irkutsk. We were originally assigned to a region in the SW, but our agency thinks Irkutsk will be a better fit for us. We are just waiting to hear back from the region regarding document requirements.
I'm having great difficulty finding anyone with successful adoption stories within the last few years which is a bit disheartening. I mostly keep hearing that things there move slowly or did years ago.
I checked with the yahoo group for adopting from Irkutsk, but no one has been on there since 2011. I will keep searching for information.
Thank you again for responding!
I have successfully adopted fro m Irkutsk. Please see link.
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Infertility-Adoption-Husband-Fathers-Perspective/dp/1434988902]Infertility and Adoption: A Husband and Father's Perspective: Roy Sokol: 9781434988904: Amazon.com: Books[/url]