Advertisements
Advertisements
Love your feedback!! I used to work with children with emotional issues and we also hosted a Russian orphan for the Summer several yrs ago. She had many behavioral issues (oppositional, hyperactive, impulsive, & so needy for attention etc) but I loved her to death and would have done anything for her. She was still so sweet and loveable and could attach. She had a mom that she loved but could not take care of her and possibly abused her. She was not legally free. We are taking our time and waiting for the right match with our new agency. It is true the forums are sounding boards. We have already declined on 6 or so girls and were selected for 4 single girls but said no because we could not meet their emotional needs. I have the experience and we are somewhat flexible with some behaviors (we don't get too upset) but we want to add to our family so we will will for the right match. I felt like our host daughter would have been the right match--she actually had the "worst" behavior out of the group of kiddos that came that Summer.