Advertisements
Advertisements
I've had pee'ers and poopers too. Although I personally agree with making it their problem, that's a big no-no here. I actually got in trouble for it once. My FFS smeared feces every single day (sometimes several times!). I always cleaned it myself (I'm a total germaphobe and wanted to make sure he didn't miss anything, eww!). The ONE time I asked him to wipe down the side of the tub after I cleaned 99% of it (I gave him disposable gloves, a plastic grocery bag, and Clorox wipes) I got in trouble. I was told that that was borderline emotional abuse! I nicely said how is it wrong & gross to ask him to clean up a small portion, but it's not gross for me to have to clean up the rest of it every single day? I couldn't believe my ears! They basically said to just deal with it. I wasn't allowed to even tell him that it wasn't ok to do that or let him know that it could potentially make the other 6 people in the house sick! They said clean it up and don't say or do anything. :mad:
No advice, but I feel your pain! It sucks big time! :arrow:
Advertisements
I've heard others say such things and I am SO against that attitude (that it's abusive to the kid to make them clean their own on purpose pee and poop!)
That child would have been removed the same day. If they had no home for him then let the CW take him to a hotel and let her "not abuse" him for a few days!
Common sense (IMHO) dictates natural consequences when ever possible! UGH!
Mallynn
I've had pee'ers and poopers too. Although I personally agree with making it their problem, that's a big no-no here. I actually got in trouble for it once. My FFS smeared feces every single day (sometimes several times!). I always cleaned it myself (I'm a total germaphobe and wanted to make sure he didn't miss anything, eww!). The ONE time I asked him to wipe down the side of the tub after I cleaned 99% of it (I gave him disposable gloves, a plastic grocery bag, and Clorox wipes) I got in trouble. I was told that that was borderline emotional abuse! I nicely said how is it wrong & gross to ask him to clean up a small portion, but it's not gross for me to have to clean up the rest of it every single day? I couldn't believe my ears! They basically said to just deal with it. I wasn't allowed to even tell him that it wasn't ok to do that or let him know that it could potentially make the other 6 people in the house sick! They said clean it up and don't say or do anything. :mad:
No advice, but I feel your pain! It sucks big time! :arrow:
where is the girl now then i know this years ago but did you end up keeping the children i could understand the frustration but i hope they ended up ok x
I'm at wits end with Hippie Girl. For the past 3 weeks or so, she has begun peeing everywhere AGAIN. She is almost 12 (in about a month) and there is no medical reason behind it. I've had her checked for UTI's and infections, I've taken her to individual counseling, family counseling, and talked to her repeatedly. She was in diapers when she came to me in March because she REFUSED to use the toilet at night. It wasn't that she can't, she just said that it was "easier" to pee herself or her bed. 3 weeks ago, she got mad at me for grounding her (She didn't even start a HUGE report that she was given 2 weeks to do.) So mad that she flipped out on me, screaming, spitting, and even FLIPPED ME OFF. Needless to say, there were consequences. She got sentences for disrespect and her grounding extended. Ever since, she has started peeing herself purposely (she literally stood in front of me, looked me in the eye and said "I just peed." Really? This has now happened 4 times in 3 weeks. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS. She has resumed bed wetting after having none for 4.5 months. And what's worse is that she doesn't wet the bed at night...she does it in the morning when she gets up. She pees in her bed, gets up, walks down the hall, and goes into the bathroom to shower! There is no accident in that. She tells me she does it. She tells me with a big grin on her face, like it is funny. Now, as if that isn't bad enough, her little sister came to me yesterday and told me that she saw Hippie peeing on their bedroom floor! EWWW! When I confronted Hippie about it, she just shrugged her shoulders and said "So? It wasn't the first time." ERRRGG!!! She confessed that for the past couple weeks, she has been peeing on her floor because she "wants to." I shampoo carpets EVERY Wednesday come rain or shine, so there is no smell build up (I have 4 dogs, shampooing is a must.). I didn't realize she was peeing on the floor for the past few weeks because I was shampooing, and her bed smelled like pee anyway (despite scrubbing) because of her wetting daily. I am disgusted. Appalled. Her sister refuses to sleep in their room. I moved her into my nursery temporarily. I already called my agency, and they are at a loss for what to do either. I told them I am done. No more waiting. Get her moved ASAP. They said they will try in the next few days, and asked if I would keep her sister temporarily (special needs are harder to place) until they found somewhere for both of them. Any ideas in the meantime? I stuck her rear end in a diaper, and made her scrub the area she was using as a bathroom, but I am FUMING and have no idea what to do in the meantime. Any experience with this issue? Advice? :grr:
Good oggly moogly! Sending you a big hug! Your not alone.
I had a 4 and 5 year old that peed when angry or just because until they were 6 and 8! Here’s what worked.
1. “I PEED” - kid
“OK.” - me
Then I walk away and ignore it. Peeing is to make me upset because something has upset them. Me ignoring the announcement takes the fun out of it.
2. Pee cloths go in the trash at the end of the day before shower time. All of the pee cloths, even shoes if it’s peed in. Kids throw the cloths in the trash themselves. Momma doesn’t play in pee.
3. Pee cloths get replaced with ugly cheap cloths from yard sales or the thrift store. Ugly can mean just something they don’t like. One of my babies hates purple the other must have sparkles on everything. Pee cloths are not pretty. Clean nice cloths are pretty. They have to wait until they haven’t peed for a month to get any new pretty cloths.
4. Pee beds are cleaned by the kids. The new sheets are put on by the kids and pee sheet go in the washer. We ended up having to buy “ugly” sheets at one point when they both tag-team-peed us for a three week stretch! But after a month they got the pretty sheets back.
5. If you pee out of anger or just for fun you carry a diaper bag with an extra pair of cloths and a diaper. The Pee-body carries this bag around for a whole week!
The idea is to make the peeing bothersome for only them. It is an issue for them not you, so you have to pretend to not even notice the pee. When it get annoying for them and they get no reaction from you they stop. ... eventually.
Omg I'm sooo glad I'm not alone! FS10 started doing this a while ago and I only just figured this out when I almost threw up in his room. He swore he didn't know he was doing it to the Dr she said get a camera in case hes sleepwalking because safety issue (he was doing it a foot from his bed ew). Well didn't get camera yet and lo and behold new peed on carpet in hallway because the smell again and it wasn't in his room so I told him my friend is coming to visit and I don't think he wants to explain to him what the smell is and he better tell me because it will be worse if I find it. So he tells his 8yr old sister and she tells me. So it's bedtime at this point and I told him get the carpet and take it outside and hang on the porch, much to his dismay, and he incredulously says but its bedtime well maybe you shouldn't pee on my floors. My house was built in 1890 and the wood floors are original, his floor has been peed on in same spot since April maybe march so it's deep in the wood. I always wear shoes on feet so I never noticed the carpet was wet but the smell was awful. I had a friend doing work in my house and he couldn't figurebout the smell he chalked it up to the prior bat issue i had and I said that ain't bats if I didn't know better I'd say it was pee..and it was. I made hi clean it up and after school tomorrow before his baseball game he is going to scrub this carpet, I did the other this ones on him. Tpr is about to happen the kids have asked me to adopt them and he knows I won't throw him away so I'm not sure where this is coming from. They dont know about tpr they just know mom lied and did nothing and now no contact allowed. Calling pediatrician in morning, therapist is on it and I'm at a loss. Think I'm going to my friends coffee shop for caffeine and prayers and adult convos in the morning. Have y'all gotten the kiddos past This? His sister has been the issue and I'm wondering did I miss something? He was at sleep away camp and didn't do it so he can refrain.
One tired mama.
BTW I've been a mom 40yrs and fostering in different capacities since 2002 and this is a first for me. Raised 4 bio sons and never had pee on floor. Ugh
Good oggly moogly! Sending you a big hug! Your not alone.
I had a 4 and 5 year old that peed when angry or just because until they were 6 and 8! Here’s what worked.
1. “I PEED” - kid
“OK.” - me
Then I walk away and ignore it. Peeing is to make me upset because something has upset them. Me ignoring the announcement takes the fun out of it.
2. Pee cloths go in the trash at the end of the day before shower time. All of the pee cloths, even shoes if it’s peed in. Kids throw the cloths in the trash themselves. Momma doesn’t play in pee.
3. Pee cloths get replaced with ugly cheap cloths from yard sales or the thrift store. Ugly can mean just something they don’t like. One of my babies hates purple the other must have sparkles on everything. Pee cloths are not pretty. Clean nice cloths are pretty. They have to wait until they haven’t peed for a month to get any new pretty cloths.
4. Pee beds are cleaned by the kids. The new sheets are put on by the kids and pee sheet go in the washer. We ended up having to buy “ugly” sheets at one point when they both tag-team-peed us for a three week stretch! But after a month they got the pretty sheets back.
5. If you pee out of anger or just for fun you carry a diaper bag with an extra pair of cloths and a diaper. The Pee-body carries this bag around for a whole week!
The idea is to make the peeing bothersome for only them. It is an issue for them not you, so you have to pretend to not even notice the pee. When it get annoying for them and they get no reaction from you they stop. ... eventually.
Advertisements