Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm not sure if anyone here will know the answer to this question, but I thought I would ask. I have a son via international adoption and am getting ready to start updating paperwork for #2. I came across a child on a waiting children's list who has a special need we're open to...this child has been listed for at least 18 months, so I'm guessing they haven't had a lot of inquiries.
Would we need to complete MAPP classes prior to being considered for this child (same state) or could we do that after determining if we were a viable placement? We do not want to be foster parents at this time, and I would hate to go through the whole process only to find out that the child isn't a good match for whatever reason. Has anyone done a "straight adoption" from foster care in OH?
In Ohio, you cannot do just a straight adoption license.You have to do a foster-to-adopt license.
You have to go through the interview with the caseworker, fill out the forms, get the necessary checks done - including background checks and references- and get your home study done. Then you go through preservice classe, which really can be rough!All this has been done because of a case known as the Marcus Fiesel case. You can get on the internet to check that out.
Advertisements