Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Mommy2my2boys
I have a cousin that is in fostercare in another state. I called DHS in that state and let them know that I was family and that I wanted the child. They told me no. RU was not a goal and it was going adoption but they wanted to keep the child in state. So they picked a foster home over a family home and did not even get my NAME. So they could just decide against it. They told me that I could get an attorney and fight it if I wanted but they were not going to even look at me for kinship care.
was it texas? i had the same thing happen with my cousins in texas. but we ended up getting a forever placement shortly thereafter.
our adopted kiddos grandma wanted them. was granted monthly visits, showed for 3 maybe. the cw told us 'gma wants them and is going through homestudy but even if she passes we won't let them go there. she let mom get married at 14 to a 24 year old, all of her kids had drug and criminal backgrounds, and why would we give her these kids to repeat the pattern with? ' in the end, the state she lived in approved her 'if this son moves out.' he moved out. they went back in and he'd moved back in so they failed her. we were told after a year that the bond with us was too strong and that the kids had so many special needs they wouldn't move them to any relative that showed up.