Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
URmysunshine4
Our first case the bio grandparents were denied because of a past case with CPS. Another relative was denied because they lived close to bioparents and biograndparents and were afraid the relative would cave and let them see the children. In other cases grandparents were denied because of criminal history, poor health, unwillingness to do homestudy, and past SA claims.
I know this thread is old but I hope you or someone is still out there and can answer... What exactly is a deniable past case with CPS? I am trying for kinship placement of my grand daughter. I asked CPS for help one time to get resources for therapy for my four year old. They came to my house, we talked, they gave me phone numbers. Had my husband and I test for drugs, which we are not users, and we were clean and then I never heard from them again. Is this considered a "past" with CPS?
Also, my husband pulled a phone cord out of the wall 13 years ago in a fight with his ex-wife and was charged with criminal damage per a domestic violence call. There was no assault and the file is purged, it was a misdemeanor. He got 6 months unsupervised probation. IS this considered a deniable offense?
We raised this child since her birth until 1 year old, then my daughter took off to another town and got into drugs and is in jail. We just want to get our grand daughter back home. Will these offenses bar us? Thank you for any info...