Advertisements
Advertisements
It was a while ago (our youngest is 17) but we adopted our last four kids through agencies other than LDS. With the fifth child, we applied with LDS, for whom I had been volunteering for more than a year. I knew that we needed a home study, but knew all along that he wouldn't come through them. We found him the day before our last interview for our home study. A week later, our study was finished and I flew down to Arizona to pick him up. Our third was born while we were in Germany and the German social worker there handled it all. In Las Vegas, we went through the state and adopted a baby girl with very serious health issues. Just a few days ago, she located her birth father, who is thrilled to hear from her (she's 21, now). He hadn't even known if she would still be alive, so it was really a shock hearing from her. I helped her find him, and also found my third child's birth mother, myself. I just felt a strong drive to find her and it has all worked out great.
LDS can only handle so many adoptions. You just need to be prayerful and seek guidance as where you need to look for your child.